Monday, December 11, 2006

Xmas with The Griswolds

Saturday after work Erin’s parents came over to watch my favorite xmas movie. In my opinion xmas doesn’t officially kick off until this movie is viewed. Somehow, last year I was left out of the Christmas Vacation festivities. I wasn’t happy about it. I wasn’t going to miss it again. Good times. Another modern favorite is Elf. Maybe we’ll watch that one this coming weekend.

Sunday we met my sister and little nephew, DJ, for some breakfast at The Crapper Barrel. I typically hate this place. I have always found that you either have to eat something before you get there or you’ll leave hungry OR you have to spend twice as much to buy two entrees to ensure you leave satisfied. At any rate, yesterday it seemed like the menu had changed because I had no problems finding adequate foodage. Pancakes with apple slurry piled on top with scrambled eggs and a couple turkey sausages. Not bad.

I got out for a tad over an hour in the afternoon on my new fixie sled. It was a good ride. Awesome weather! I’ll take this for the next 3 months. The fixie is hard in spots and maybe a bit easy in spots. I may tinker with the gearing a bit to see if that changes anything.

Sunday evening was the first of two Williams xmas gatherings at Erin’s parents house. Yesterday was her mom’s side of the family. Friday will be her dad’s side. We just saw most of these folks at Erin’s grandparents house at Thanksgiving. The grub was fantastic. It’s always great to go out for a ride then immediately have a spread of food to wolf down.

I have one week of work left until I’m done for the year. Erin is 17 days from the big due-date. Almost there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and Erin and Li'l Junior. Rebecca and I welcomed our little one a tad earlier than the 12/6 due date, but he's fine. Alexander Stephen. 11/30/06 12:52am. 19.5" 7lbs 1.2oz. All that Lamaze class stuff mostly went out the window, but it's a long story. Rebecca is doing well, and I am wondering when the heck I'm going to get back on my bike. Hopefully we'll get into the shop soon and say hi. If not, we hope your holidays are good. Having the little one around will make it so.

Cheers!

dk said...

Tony thats awesome! I'd be real happy if Erin went a week early so everyone would be home before Xmas. Erin and I are glad your family is doing well. Congrats and thanks for the update. dk