Monday, August 13, 2007

twotwentysix

I’ve been slowly ramping up my “training” for any racing I might do this coming fall. I really want to avoid using the word training or structure. Quite frankly, nothing takes the fun out of riding a bike quicker than doing so in the name of training. Let’s just say I’ve enjoyed the amount of miles and effort I’ve done the past couple weeks. So far, so good.

I had today off so I lounged around the house in the morning. I wasn’t really planning to do much, if any, riding today. Little Haley was a bit fussy and didn’t want to nap so I got her and myself out of The Wifey’s hair and went over to Lower Allen Park for an afternoon of fun. We spent some time walking by the Yellow Breeches. I was dipping TLW’s feet into the water. It was chilly but she loved it anyway. Then we played in the sand at one of the volleyball courts. She loves the sand but I had to really keep an eye on her because she would have tried to eat it otherwise. Finally, we hit the Fun Fort to play on the swing. Again, she’s a big fan.

After all that playing she finally fell asleep for a nap just as I pulled into the driveway. We’re thinking she’s got more teeth popping up causing her to be a little grumpy. So far she’s been taking these growing pains in stride. Hopefully that continues. She’s such a wonderful little woman.

goodnightnow

1 comment:

bikescag said...

Don

I had emailed you when Haley was born congratulating you on her birth..sounds like you are greatly enjoying her development.

Unfortunately, I had deleted your email. I wanted to email you re: purchasing bikes for my 2 daughters that live in New Cumberland and i don't know if the shop where you work sells bikes for little people.

Also, I spent a TON of time working with both of them (they are 6 and 4) teaching them to ride their bikes. If you know of any programs in that area that do bike lessons, let me know
Patrick
bikescag@gmail.com