Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Goat Sucker

The Wifey, Haley, and I kicked off the three day weekend with a trip to Perkin's for breakfast this morning. Can't say that I was blown away. So-so. TLW ate cheerios while we chowed down. She's really getting good at picking them up and eating them.

I wanted to get out for a good ride today but after a week of delivering fitness crap my back has been a bit knackered. This morning I could barely stand up without having a bit of stiffness and achyness. Whatever, riding doesn't really require standing up, right? So, I got out for 2 solid hours of joy. I rode my CCC with road wheels on. I must say, I do love my Malone, but, the CCC is one hell of a comfy ride. I highly recommend getting yourself one.

While I was riding today it occured to me that for everyday dicking around on road rides a 53t large ring is just plain stupid. I have a large ring of 46t on the CCC. I guess compact cranksets with a 50t is just about perfect. Even with the 46t I rarely had to leave it but also didn't feel the need to spin out on any of the rollers I was doing.

The most compelling evidence yet that El Chupacabras is real.

I might actually ride my Mtn sled Sunday. Proof positive that anything is possible.

Haley is absolutely the coolest, most awesome little girl ever.

Night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Watch out for El Chupacabras if your heading for a mtn ride at Pinchot park. I hear they are a real problem there(or was that an albino cougar?)