Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cheesesteaks v Miller Lite

From a sporting standpoint, aside from the PsU winning, this has been a remarkable weekend. Phillies make the playoffs and will play the Beer Guys. The Mets lost. The Crimson Tide have rolled another. As embarrasing as it is to call myself a Raiders fan, they are at least winning at halftime. Baby steps. The Flyers looked good Saturday. Yeah, it's only preseason but a cheering fan needs some preseason games to work a proper ass-groove into the couch. Not that I'm a big Brett Favre fan but I do like to see old guys throw 6 TD's in a game. All in all, pretty cool.

Now for the not so cool. Haley must have picked up the same barf-your-brains-out-violently 12hr flu bug that The Wifey had middle of last week. Friday night thru early Saturday morning were some pretty forgettable hours for me. TLW went from laughing and jumping around and acting her typical nutty self one minute to projectile vomitous the next. Without getting to graphic, after a couple hours, there was simply nothing left in her although she continued to spit up and heave every 20-30 minutes. The Wifey was busy with TLM so I did my best to get little Haley through it. I can say beyond any doubt, there has never been any moment in my life where I've felt more helpless. By 3am Saturday morning whatever it was seemed to finally pass and she was able to sleep more than the 20-30 minutes at a time she had gotten up to that point. Not fun. Although I'm sure there will be more moments like this. Today TLW seems back to her wonderful little entertaining self.

The weather this weekend sucked ass. I didn't ride yesterday and today just didn't look good either but I finally just went out regardless of the rain and got a good workout in. A little easy and a little hard at times. I continue to believe I might actually manage a 'cross race this season. After what transpired Friday night I'd certainly have to say moreso than ever, you never know what might come up. If it were'nt for the rain on Friday and my loath for running with a bike slung over my shoulder through the muck, I had seriously considered racing Saturday at Phelps. That, my dear promotors, is why people wait to prereg.

I've recently become enamored with powdered cinnamon donuts. As I've said a millions times, if not more, that is why I ride. Well, it's awfully fun too.

Bye bye.

Landon on his first hike at Pinchot - 9 days old

No comments: