Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Sunday in Milwaukee; or, Sorry about your luck

In the parlance of Alex Trebek, if I threw out the following towns; Valley Green, Yocumtown, Goldsboro, Cly, York Haven, Mount Wolf, Manchester, Conewago Heights, Newberrytown. Your correct response would be; What are tiny little redneck podunk towns of Northern York County? Yep, yep. After years of wanting to do a ride down to the metro Mt Wolf/Manchester area I finally did. I was never quite sure of the roads, whether I'd make a wrong turn and end up on a dirt road or in the middle of the Susqy River or worse than that, actually end up in York proper. I managed to make a perfect 2hr, 36 mile ride out of it with a want for more. The area is certainly not as scary as I make it, pretty scenic really. Practically zero traffic. Pancake flat to extremely hilly terrain. Good time.

After the Phillies finished off the Beer Guys today I took TLW over to Lower Allen for another rendezvous with the Mega Fort playground and then a hike on the nature trail next to the Yellow Breeches. She loves the hikes and of course I love it when she has a happy time.

Hockey starts Saturday night if you're a Flyers fan. I'm not used to The Flyers and The Phillies playing at the same time in October. The Fightin Phillies have the Dodgers next. Should be a tight series. Why do American League playoff games take 5hrs to complete?

I need a beer and wing night. Anyone interested?

Haley, DJ, and Brayden. Saturday night fun

I think she's done with the swing there pops

Haley rounded the corner on the Nature trail to find this.......

........a giant tree goiter. Scared TLW for a moment.

No comments: