Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ramblings

Wow, Fall has arrived! It rained like hell the past two days. Today I rode to work in a pouring 67degree rain, doing a few hard seated efforts along the way. I’d rather do that than ride indoors. Nothing drives me up the wall and kills my spirit more than setting up indoors on a trainer. By the time 5pm rolled around it was still pouring but the temp dropped to 53degrees. The Legend offered to give me a ride home, (Thanks again for the offer, Coach) but, there is just something exhilarating about riding in weather that makes people question my sanity, or for that matter, my intelligence. Either way, the ride home was a great time.

Tonight we went in to NewCumb to Erin’s parents to watch a highly overrated Ohio State lose to an even more ridiculously overrated Penn State. Big Eleven football rots. No bigger collection of mediocre football teams that get more unwarranted pub and respect has ever been assembled. Needless to say, I despise PSU and root every week for the team playing PSU.

Once again, I know I’m in the vast minority in voicing my love for Hockey, but isn’t it great to have the NHL back. Seems to be a lot more goals being scored and ties have been eliminated. Gotta win in OT or a shootout now. Long overdue rule change IMHO.

My first ‘cross race will be next Saturday at Carlisle. It will be nice to “turn the pedals in anger” as Mrs. Legend’s favorite cycling announcer of all time would say. Should be a fairly low key event to shake out the cobwebs a bit. Perfect. I was talking to Coach Hebe earlier this week about training. In my mind after taking a week+1 off totally from exercising I feel like I’m waaay behind. Especially cardio. Tomorrow I will head over to the park for a structured workout. I can’t wait to see how I feel during and after.

GOODNIGHTNOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say....I completely agree with PSU being WAY overrated. It's not that I dislike THEM, it's more that I dislike the fans. All this "we are" crap....ugh!