Thursday, September 21, 2006

Monkey Bubble

Dubya Tee Eff?

Woke up. Fell outta bed. Dragged a comb across my head.

Got some good things done today. Things that needed to get done.

Short little EZ ride on the road sled. Fine tuning the fitness or as Chris Horner loves to say “I was finding my form today”. He loves that word. Read it in VeloNews or Cyclingnews.com. Every other word is “form”. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy. I hope he races lots of ‘cross this fall and does well.

Speaking of. Charm on Sunday. I’m excited and nervous. Nervous and excited. First race. Don’t know what to expect. Did I do enough? Not enough? Too much? Hopefully just right.

Fall has arrived a few days early. Awesome sleeping weather. I always get a kick out of that one too. Sleeping weather. What does that mean? And why is 50 degrees sleeping weather? I’m not sure but it seems to work.

Little Junior is approx 3 months away. We came up with our boy and girl names. Anyone who can guess the initials gets a bagel w/ cream cheese. My treat. And no, Josh, before you say F.U.K. better think again. I got shot down by The Wifey on that one. There will be no Fogarty Ulysses Kessel. Maybe the next one. Marriage is all about compromises, right?

A woman came into the bike shop a couple days ago with a rear wheel in her hand. The tire’s sidewall was badly deteriorated in one spot although the innertube was not exposed just yet. It protruded some but not terribly. Anyway, she claimed her tire had a MONKEY BUBBLE and wanted me to fix it. Sure. Why not?

2 comments:

Zach said...

i wonder y its a monkey bubble, and not a baboon bubble, or a chimpanzee bubble, or a lemur bubble. or maybe it needs spritzed up(some guys tweaky terminology from a day in at busheys). people make some fun little lingo.
I'm nervous for sunday too. should be good. see you then.
~Zach Adams

dk said...

It wasn't Hammaker that used that one was it? Funny thing, I googled "Monkey Bubble" and found an answer. Urban slang for taking a shot to the arm and getting a swollen bump. Crazy. You learn something new every day.

Sunday it is. dk