Thursday, June 14, 2007

break

I’ve always been a huge fan of funny videos. Usually the best, in my opinion, are the ones of normal regular people doing something stupid and in the process causing injury or shame to themselves. With the onslaught of video websites like YouTube and whatnot I don’t have to wait until Sunday nights to watch AFV.

My favorite site is break.com. Typically my attention span doesn’t make it much further than 60 seconds of content before I move on to another video. Last night, however, one video caught my attention and hooked me for almost a full 10 minutes. It’s about everyone’s favorite current events topic not called The Iraq War. Global warming. Personally, I’m not sure where I fall on the debate. I think it’s sensationalized by the media to get people watching the network news so they can charge more for advertising slots but I also think there is some merit to it. I guess what I’m saying is I think the truth is most likely somewhere in the middle.

So, if the subject interests you and you feel like spending 10 minutes watching this video, I think it’s worth it. If nothing else I think it’s the most subjective look at the topic that I’ve seen or heard.

While you at it, this video cracks me up only because I always wanted to do it myself. I don’t drive enough to go through with it but it’s always been a dream of mine.

As for The Sopranos finale. e-dubs, I read a similar theory to the one you left in comments. While it’s all a very compelling theory, my disappointment was due more to the ambiguity of the ending. If Tony was indeed killed, I want to know that’s what happened. I did read that none of the characters in the diner have ever appeared in the show previously. I just wanted more closure than I got out of it. I will say this, the further removed I am from last Sunday night, the more I’m coming around on the ending.

I might be the only one, but I loved today’s weather. A little overcast in the high 60’s. You sweltering 90’s lovers can shove your manpons further up you ass. Good’day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good (and true) observations on the global warming situation. That midget fight was the most f*cked up thing I have ever seen.