Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tour de Farce

Yep, that was too easy but it sounds just about right. Why on earth did Rabobank wait until now to boot The Chicken. The info they had before Le Tour even started is no different than the info they have now. I guess with the burden of having him win the race with a cloud of shitstorm overhead apparently made it the sensible move. Stupid that they waited but it was the right thing to do. As Vaughters has said repeatedly, catching these cheaters means the system is working, and eventually the sport will stand on less shakey ground. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Disco profits big-time but I'm sure they're feeling a bit subdued.


I worked the MS Ride over the weekend which afforded me a couple extra days off this week. I spent some quality time with the Fam. Little Hales is doing great. She's finally gotten a tooth or two sprouting forth. It hasn't seemed to bother her too much just yet. Hopefully she'll breeze right through this teething thing. I love sitting down to feed her in the evenings. She's a perfect little woman although sometimes she gets impatient with my pace and gets huffy with me to speed it up. She's the boss.


I got 4 straight solid rides in since Sunday. Two of 'em on my Triple C (Chili Con Crosso). That thing is pretty sweet. My hope is to actually train for 'cross this season like I mean it. No sissy-boy shit like last year. At any rate, the Triple C should make a real nice racer.

Speaking of racing. I'm less than a week away from getting this years CX racing kit finalized. Place your orders here. It should look 100% better this year. Much more visible logos and a brighter look.


Auntie Em is officially enrolled at Messiah for the fall. Go Benny.


Did I just read on The Kenny Report that Kenny is going to be a father? There goes the neighborhood. Just kidding. Good Luck Kenny and Sarah.


I have no cute pictures of TLW tonight so instead I'll snap a pic of my dinner. Tomato Basil Pizza Veggie-burger topped with Facon and a slice of swiss, a vat of peppered-up mixed veggies, and a bitchin' cerveza.

Buenos noches mi amigos.

No comments: