Friday, December 21, 2007

Orange you glad I......haven't I heard this before

I think I wrapped up all the gifting loose ends today. Actually, The Legend is still on my gift list. Yo, Hebe, any needs or wants?

Auntie Em and I braved the Crapitol City Mall this afternoon. As full as the parking lot seemed outside, it wasn’t all that bad inside. We breezed through our visit unscathed. Fun times.

Coakley’s wings last night. The best. A pretzel ham & cheese sammy too. Very tastey.

This is my way of breaking the news to The Wifey that there is yet another new bike in the garage. See, I don’t keep my bike stuff a secret. Actually, this is addition by subtraction. I bought a LeMond Zurich frameset but I’m selling my Salsa ‘crosser. I absolutely loved that frame, but, I figured I try to pass it on to the highest bidder while it still might have some value. As opposed trashing it making it my winter roadie/commuter sled. I’d much rather trash a perfectly nice, 2.1lb full carbon LeMond frame. BTW, first impressions of the LeMond; awesome! Very stiff and rigid. Moreso than my Madone. I wouldn’t say uncomfortably stiff but if I were 15lbs heavier that’s exactly what I’d be saying.

Catching up with old high school friends tonight. Our first chance to meet little Katie H. Then it’s a wonderful xmas breakfast Saturday morning. A wonderful xmas turkey Sunday evening. A wonderful xmas ham Monday afternoon. Somewhere in there I’m going to have to fit in a wonderful xmas beer or three. The fridge as it sits right now bears some Guinnesses (guinness’?, guinni’s?, what the hell is the plural of Guinness anyway?), Spaten, Franziskaner, Yuengling. I think we need to get busy.

I need a nap after that trip to the mall. It always takes all my energy. Only three days left to vote for your favorite fruit. How on earth is my favorite fruit, The Orange, in a tie with someone elses favorite fruit, The Kumquat? Who among us has ever eaten a kumquat? Who even knew a kumquat was a fruit. Kinda like a titmouse isn’t even a tit, or a mouse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey... the Tufted Titmouse is my faviorate bird...

dk said...

Nice, Kenny. I've always been partial to the Juniper Tit.