Sunday, February 19, 2006

Incredible sports action!

I just spent the last 45 minutes on the edge of my seat(couch) watching the Mighty Finn’s knock off the Canadians in some thrilling old time hockey. Philly Flyer and Finland goalie Antero Nittymaki shut ‘em down. Brilliant stuff. Oh yeah, there’s a bunch of ‘necks rolling around a giant oval playing bumper cars. Yawn. I couldn’t really sum up just how little I care anymore about Neckcar until I sat down to try and watch it. Yawn. I’m almost saddened by it really. I feel a little weird. I mean, I really once devoted large blocks of days towards Neckcar. Have I awakened from a 15yr slumber?

The lovely and beautiful Mrs K is whipping up some cookies. Choco chip w/ coconut and some other kinda nut. Not sure but these were a HUGE hit during the Xmas season.

Speaking of redneck. Last night was my sisters big wedding. Loads of fun. A very good time. I helped her keep the costs down by doubling as Brother of the Bride and also Wedding Photog. My digi cam is crap so Erin borrowed her Uncle Jimmy’s Canon Digital Rebel EOS. What a friggin awesome camera! Anyway, I shot almost 400 pictures for her to deal with. I was using all my technical gadgetry. It was a thing of beauty. I bought my wireless laptop just before Xmas. I loaded the Canon software on to the lapper. We headed down to Hampton, PA with a bag full of goodies. My Canon camera, the DigiRebel, a pile of USB cables/battery rechargers, and my lapper. The plan was to take as many pics as the memory card would allow and then download unto the lapper and start over. As soon as I got there I set up everything in a side room and immediately tried to test the operation. I snapped a couple quick pics and tried to download but realized I forgot the software disc that would guide me through the first download. I needed the driver(on the disc) that would allow the lapper to communicate with the camera. I tried to find a wireless internet connection inside the building but no dice. I figured the lapper was out of the question at that point so I’d just have to take less pictures than I’d hoped. With about 45 minutes to go before the wedding was to begin I had already used up half the memory card so I started to panic again. I told The Wifey I was going to get in my truck and drive around until I found a wireless connection. Now let me tell you a little something about Hampton. For those of you who know, you know. You could walk from one edge of town(it’s actually a village) to the other in under 5 minutes. Really small. I had no real hope of success but wouldn’t you know as soon as I got in my truck and opened my laptop I searched for a signal and immediately found one. I downloaded the driver I needed and voila, I was in business. Sweet! For the rest of the night I was able to take pictures with reckless abandon and download to the lapper when full. The moral of this story is easy. I embrace technology with a bear hug.

My favorite picture of the night

Followed by my second favorite(27)


We got home a little after 9pm and went straight to bed. I was pretty wiped out. Today sucked for the most part. Cold as an icebox outside. No real reason to be out. I don’t think the mercury ever even got a sniff of 32 degrees. I wonder how The Legend made out on his team ride this afternoon?

More sports. Back to the Olympics. Could anyone care less about these jerk-off American Olympians like that Bode douchbag or that Jacobellis snowboard chick who hotdogged on the way to a gold and ate shit and ended up second. Maybe her Visa Check card tripped her up. Sometimes it’s easy to see why American’s are so easy to hate if you live somewhere else. I did love watching the Nordic xc skiing last weekend. Definitely the hockey has been good. Curling is ok when the chicks are cute but otherwise what’s the point? More like a beer drinking activity much in the same vein as croquet or bowling or even this(memo to self: why do I ride when I could be doing that?).

The pro cycling scene is well under way now. A now steady flow of results on cyclingnews.com. Add that to the morning routine. CX season wrapped up today. I can’t wait until this fall.

Late.

6 comments:

He to the B said...

19 degrees at the start and 8 hearty MG-GPOA souls set out. Fred B & I rode to meet the team from his house. Fred & I ended up with 71 miles. It was actually quite comfy. The first 15 min were very painful on the face. Nice 1-2 mile dirt road climb about 2 hours in. Felt good.
Hebe

dk said...

rigoddamndiculous.

Jackie Brown said...

Yep, that's my hub...rigoddamnndiculous!

He to the B said...

The worst part was this fucking pedestrian bridge 50+ feet over the Deleware river that we rode across. It was concrete so I could not see down, but the bridge was only 4' wide and had 3' high chain link fencing. I was pretty freaked. I actually asked one of my new teammates to give me some space so I could ride single and not two abreast like the rest of the guys. I rode off the back on the way home, over the bridge. Not a comfy feeling at all.

dk said...

We've said it before but it bears repeating; The Legend doesn't become THE LEGEND by sitting at home on the couch.

Anonymous said...

that skinny fool. i must say ole einar bjorndahlen is a norwegian hell raiser. xc ski 15 miles and shot at 20 targets, half the size of a silver dollar the others a saucer.