Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More blaaah

Man I hate winter. It just seems like nothing much happens or if something half interesting does happen I don’t feel like saying much about it. Being cold has a way of sucking the life outta me.

So today Seve and I rolled down to the Charm City to attend Trek U. it’s pretty much just a slick way of getting bike shop employees out of the shop and into a hotel conference room for a day. It’s a waste of time for the most part. As long as I’ve worked in the bike industry it’s difficult to attend something like this and learn or hear something new. It’s also brutal to ask someone who stands and moves around a lot in a typical day to sit down for 8hrs. Days like today make my ADD blatantly obvious. I was going bonkers. I passed the time by eating approx 9 choc/peanut butter chip cookies and 4 Diet Cokes. In the afternoon when the discussion hit the Trek comfort bikes I had had enough so I split and cruised the shoppes in and around the hotel. There was a Williams & Sonoma nearby. Neat place. Tremendously overpriced stuff but they do have some cool cooking goodies. Anyway, I did that for about an hour or so until Trek U was wrapping up. For being good attendees we all received a t-shirt and a Trek beanie. Just what I need. Another t-shirt.

I did learn something cool about Trek’s plans for the future. Or at least one of their plans. Look for them to get into custom bikes. More than just Project One stuff. I’m talking custom geometry type stuff. Pretty incredible stuff considering the crazy costs of OCLV carbon frames as it is. Also consider that The Man rode off the shelf bikes for all 7. Obviously he got all the cool new stuff long before we, the consumers, ever saw it but everything he rode was stock. Sounds like they will be revamping the LeMond line a little next year. That should be fun because my last and current road sleds are LeMonds. After ‘ol Greg blasted Lance a couple years ago it wasn’t a stretch to imagine Trek not renewing their agreement with LeMond and perhaps moving towards an Armstrong brand of bikes or something along those lines. Not to be, at least not in the foreseeable future. I don’t think I heard anything about Klein at all today. Wonder where that’s headed?

The Wifey and I are getting our taxes done tomorrow. We’re hoping for a decent enough return to rip the carpet out of our house and getting the hardwood floors refinished. I’m crossing my fingers.

V-day is fast approaching. I suppose I need to do a little shopping this weekend. Didn’t I just have to go to the mall something like a week ago for xmas? Whomever comes up with these shopping holidays needs to reconsider where they land on the calendar. Two visits to the mall in two months is downright awful. Mrs K has been getting a box of Truffles the past few years which I know she loves but I need a little something else. Dunno. I hate shopping. Yo Mrs Legend. Could I just give you a twenty and have you pick something up for your Cuz when you go shopping this weekend? Save me the hassle.

Bon voyage.

1 comment:

Jackie Brown said...

I can do your shopping for you but it's going to take several 20's. Only the best for my favorite cousin!