Sunday, May 14, 2006

Assault on a Friendly Weapon

Sorry for the delay. A week ago we moved every shred of our lives from the first floor of our house into the garage or the basement to prepare for our hardwood floors to be refinished. That included the pc and all the wires, cables, modems, routers, and crap attached to it. I have the lapper but I just had no desire to hook shit up in the basement just so I could surf. It was sorta nice to be unplugged for a week. I had to rely on SportsCenter to keep up on current events. Like the old days(Kenny Mayne was F-ing great!). Now that we’re plugged back in, well, that’s sorta nice too.

The floor guy did a helluva job. Monday he came in and sanded and applied the first coat of finish. Tuesday and Wednesday he applied the second and third coats. Because we only have one bathroom and it was uninhabitable for most of the week Erin decided to stay with her parents a few miles away in New Cumberland. What do I care, I just pissed behind the garage and took showers in NC at night and slept here in the basement all week. No big deal. So, in the end I was a little uptight about spending a wad of money getting the floors redone but now that I see the end result I couldn’t be more happy. It’s like a new floor was put in.

Saturday my Mom, Sis, and little nephew DJ, along with Erin’s parents, and the best friend any guy could ever have joined me and The Wifey in moving all our crap back into the house. Then we grilled some cow and chicken. Yum.

Today was just a crap day. I put on the chamois at high noon anticipating a ride only to be followed a minute later by a house rumbling crack of thunder and a downpour. So I him-hawed for an hour on starting a ride…..or not. Erin’s bro was leaving for Taiwan around three and I wanted to stop by to wish him luck so I finally started a ride at 1:30 and made it to Erin’s parents by 3 to send him off. He’s going to be teaching English to Taiwanese folks. I think he’s commited to at least a year. That’s a long time in a place as far away as Taiwan. Gutsy thing to do in my mind. Should be a good experience.

The Sopranos tonight. As much of a fan as I am, I have to confess this seasons episodes have been an utter disappointment. I keep thinking to myself “I waited two years for this shit?”. Seriously, what a bunch of crap. Vito the fag on the lam, Christopher in Hollywood with Ben Kingsley, that whole Kevin Finnerty thing with Tony that drug on for three weeks, Artie serving a rabbit to customers. Honestly, a bunch of shit. The only mildly entertaining character has been Paulie. Three more weeks to right what has been a major wrong thus far. I won’t be holding my breath.

Erin is off on another teaching trip Monday and Tuesday nights so I suppose........well, I guess.........nevermind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am going away....what does it matter? You get to be free from me for another two nights this week. Geeze your lucky!

I, on the other hand, will miss you and Elwood! Two and a half more weeks till our third anniversary and someone's 35th birthday. I Love you!

He to the B said...

Full Metal jacket.
This is my weapon, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is fun fun.
Without the visual the lines lose some effect. BTW, I miss you and Elwood to. Sniff, sniff, sob, sob.