Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sunshine Daydream

As I sit here pecking away at the keyboard it couldn’t be a more beautiful day outside. I tidied up the garage this morning. I need to get some junk together for an inventory reduction sale on ebay. Then I got out for a couple hours on the road sled. I haven’t ridden all week beyond commuting so I was prepared to feel like poo. I did. And I just got done walking circles in my yard mowing the grass. Quite a day so far.

And yet I can’t seem to feel a little bummed. I get this way occasionally. Why? I’m homesick. Or maybe a better way to say is I'm awaysick. A couple nights ago I caught a show on TV that featured SD. I’ve visited there many many times. I have a good friend, Glen, who lives there with his fantastic wife Lupe. I think the first time I visited was back in ’98. Probably half a dozen times since then. I never get sick of it. I ALWAYS miss it. I was a fingernail from moving there in late ’00. Why not, you ask? I had met The Future Mrs. Kessel just months prior to my trip out just before Xmas that year and hit it off real well with her so I became hesitant to make the move. In retrospect it was the right thing to do because fast-forward to present and you’ll find me celebrating 3yrs of wedded bliss in a few short days.

That doesn’t make the tug I feel from the land of perpetual 70 degree sunshine go away. Henceforth, my melancholy. I’ll get over it. I always do.
Speaking of The Wifey, she loved her anniversary gift. As I said before I tend to go a little overboard when it comes to gift giving to Erin. She hooted slightly. I think she showed more emotion yesterday receiving her gift than she did the day we tied the knot.

We watched King Kong last night. Crap. Not even worth the $3 rental fee. It’s so cliché, and I love clichés, but the original was never made better. Not the 70’s version. I’m talking the version from ’33. Watch that one if you can and you’ll see what I mean.

The hammock beckons. Good day.

2 comments:

Jackie Brown said...

What was the anniversary gift? Do tell!

dk said...

I dunno. If it were up to me? You know I'd be there yesterday. Soon.