Sunday, July 16, 2006

What a world, what a world

10 bucks to the first person that correctly identifies the relevance of the title of this post.

A little warm today, eh? I digress. The Wifey and I cruised over to Casa Legend last night for some good grub and hung out a bit. We couldn’t come up with a movie to fall asleep watching so Mike threw in season 1 of The Land of the Lost. I haven’t seen nary a rerun anywhere in probably 20yrs of this quality Saturday morning TV program from back in the day. We watched the first 2 episodes. The first was how they met Cha-Ka. The second, and more highly anticipated, was the first appearance of the sinister and quite scary Sleestaks. Good entertainment. We went to Reeser’s for some soft serve ice cream and called it a night.

Today I met El Legend for a quick but hot-as-balls ride over to Cousin Calvin & Amy’s to meet our wives for a dip in their mega pool. That hit the spot. Thanks to them for having us. One month ‘til their Fest. Always fun.

Speaking of fests. Erin’s Uncle Jimmy took some pictures at our BBQ and sent them to us on a disc, which we received yesterday. Lots of good pics. Most of them funny. These are some of my favorites.

Your humble narrator workin my stainless steel Weber

Thotis, Seve, Oz, The Legend - badminton anyone?
Me pointing out The Wifey's beer belly, eerrrr.....Pregnant belly
I think I might be in a bit of trouble posting this one.....The Mrs Legend
Nicki, John, and Brother of John enjoy my hard efforts...The Mini-Patio

Enjoy the week. Stay cool.

3 comments:

Fort James said...

If I am reading your picture post correctly, major congratulations are in order for you and your lovely wife!

Best of luck!

James

dk said...

Thanks James. With a December 28th due date I'm thinking Xmas might pretty cool this year.

Catch you on the CX field of battle in, what, two months??!! Wow!

dk

Fort James said...

SWEET!

Now Erin, please understand the importance of a 2006 delivery on your taxes (within safety limits of course). Christmas will indeed be very cool (or very stressful depending upon delivery time).

You guys will be great parents.

CX in 2 months? Yep, it is soon. I better get training.