Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Aloha

The Wifey and I hosted our 2nd Annual BBQ-Fest on Sunday. All went well. Thanks to all who attended. It seems like I never get to spend as much time with everyone while I’m too busy grilling up burgers, doggies, and hog-birds or just generally running around with zippy’s disease making sure everything is ok.

I did didley poo yesterday which is exactly how today is looking. I may get on Erin’s elliptical machine for an hour or so. I used it a week ago and sorta enjoyed it. I’d get on my bike but vicious rain is headed this way in short order. We did go out and get breakfast at
Eat & Puke. My favorite breakfast joint, Zach’s Country Kitchen in New Cumberland, was closed so E & P it was. I’m never disappointed with E & P but you just always think you can do better at a mom & pop place. I had a scrambled eggs and bacon with a waffle covered with an apple cinnamon slurry. I have the worlds most sweetest sweet tooth but your standard syrups are just way too much. Good stuff.

We watched Le Tour finish. I thought those final hills would shed the sprinters more but credit
Tornado Tom for getting over that last bump in the road and snagging yellow. Macho. An equally macho achievement was accomplished in the sports world today. Competitive eating is quality entertainment. 53.75!! Crazy.

We went to see
The DaVinci Code last night with The Mr & Mrs Legend. Good flick. It was tough to keep up with all that’s thrown at you but I was entertained and stimulated just the same. I find theology fascinating. Part history. Part……well….fiction, I guess. Erin read the book and was happy with the movie. The only drawback was getting to say "hello" and "goodbye" to The Legends and not much else. The Wifey and I wanted to grab a beer at Coakley's but I guess old people need more sleep or something like that.

Speaking of reading books. Why is it that since I’ve been married I no longer read books but just lie on my ass and watch TV? I do ride way more now also but I’ll be damned if I haven’t read 2 books in 3 years. Maybe I should sell the ‘Ol 55er. Maybe being married has nothing to do with it and that giant TV has everything to do with it. I wonder what Erin would say if I asked her? My zippy’s disease comment earlier in this post is a reference to one of my favorite books.
Road Fever. Cool book.


Thor hammering away right now. Late

No comments: