Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Golden Arches and the like

Hard to argue with 67 degrees on the 8th of January. Although there is clearly an “r” in January I wasn’t going to deny my stubby little legs some fresh air. Getting a nice ride in anytime is therapy but especially when you can get in a ride when the weather could just as easily be 20 degrees and frozen roads. Good times.

Speaking of good times. Last Saturday we took TLW over to The PA State Farm Show. She absolutely loved it. All the farm animals and different sites and sounds were all she could handle. She has her cow/mooing down to a science and she was working a pretty good chicken cluck too. By far her most favorite part of the trip was the merry-go-round. The Wifey and Haley got on and she grinned from ear to ear for the duration. In fact she just about had a meltdown when we walked away from it. Good thing your typical one year old is easily distracted.

Sunday I rode down to meet The Wifey and TLW at The Berm to watch little DJ’s 4th grade basketball game. Pretty fun to watch. Aunt Shannon and Uncle Greg got to hang out with TLW as well. On the way home I took the opportunity to stop at Wendy’s and procure myself my first fast food meal in well over a year. Yum.

Say what you want about fast food. Some people live on it and do fine. Some get fat as hell. You healthy options at fast food seem to be much better now as well. Personally, I just avoid it all together. In my case, I love to eat. I also love to be thin. I know if I allowed myself regular fast food I’d have to work harder at being thin. Not worth it. The stuff tastes great. I wonder if it’s ever been proven in some way that fast food uses some kind of addictive sinister non-caloric additive that keeps it’s customers coming back? I haven’t heard much recently about the Big Tobacco scenario happening in the realm of fast food.

At any rate, the last time I could think of a full fledged all-in visit to a fast food was after the Charm City ‘cross race in September of ’06. Also a Wendy’s. So, the latest antibike poll will deal with your favorite fast food. Who do you love? And how often do you love it?

I wonder if I could somehow slip this one by The Wifey?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to make a choice for more than once a day for steve

dk said...

He is probably convinced of one of two things;

A) Once or twice a day does not equal daily. or, the more likely scenario,

B) McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Hell, BK, KFC are not truly fast food because they do not serve him his food fast enough upon placing an order.