Saturday, January 20, 2007

daahhhh

Man, it's cold out there. I just finished my first full week back to work after a month off. I’m a little pooped. I was out delivering fitness crap all week long with Ben or KHam. Sounds like we’ve been pretty damn busy straight through Xmas up to present. Next week doesn’t look quite so busy but all it takes is one afternoon of shoppers and all the sudden we’re out and about. Fun times.

Last Sunday night I purchased another car off of ebay. This is the third ebay car I’ve picked up now. This time I knew I wanted a Mazda Protégé 5. I wanted to get something Haley friendly. My pickup isn’t baby seat compatible. I didn’t won’t to spend a ton so something with high miles but good condition was the best I could hope for. I’ve been watching for a couple months looking for the right car to come along. Finally it did.

It was a 10 day auction and it was from a dealer in New York. Considering I drive approx 2000 miles a year it was driving me nuts to even think about owning two vehicles. I was going back and forth in my little brain the pros and cons of buying this car. I actually convinced myself to just stick with my truck and use Erin’s Volvo if I needed to. But when the auction came down to the end I couldn’t resist. I won it and got a pretty good deal in the process. I can’t even dream of getting rid of my truck. I waited to long to get one. I love that p.o.s.

So, Friday I made the trip up to Waverly, NY with Erin’s dad to pick up my new rig. It was a nice drive through some quality scenic PA roadage. Everything went smoothly. We made it back to Harrisburg around 4:30pm. I was listening to the Sufjan Stevens CD TrekWarrantyRepFiess sent me. Good stuff. Not exactly Metallica but it was the right music for the drive. I wanted to stop at PennDOT on the way home but just ran out of time. Looks like Monday morning will work. I might snag myself a special license plate. I know The Victory Junction Gang is a fantastically worthy cause plus #3 is The Man and after all, I am a redneck at my very core.

Now I have two vehicles. Sweet. Speaking of Sufjan Stevens, have you seen Little Miss Sunshine yet? Do it. Great movie.

Where’s Kenny?? Well, Saturday Kenny made an appearance at the bike shop. We still need an update of The Kenny Report. Showing up doesn’t get you off the hook Kenny.

Little Haley made her first trip to Cornerstone Saturday. I think she enjoyed it. I’m so thrilled to be her father. She’s a wonderful little girl. And best of all, she’s starting to make gestures and faces and noises other than crying or the dreaded “poop face”. Witness the awesome cuteness of little Haley in the picture below. Goodnightnow!

I'm toast if Haley keeps up this great smile.

No comments: