Thursday, January 04, 2007

La Nina and El Nino

The baby girl and the baby boy. One is my daughter. The other is a weather phenomena. Both make me amazingly happy!

Haley made her first trip out into the big world today. Erin and I had some errands to run so we buckled her up in her mega-safe car seat and set out for an adventure. First to Holmes to pick up a couple things. Haley got to meet Steve, KHam, and Allen & Kathy for the first time. She mostly slept but did wake up briefly to do a number on her diaper.

Next a trip out to Circuit City for a couple small goodies. Then a trip to Lowes to make a much needed dishwasher purchase. Our current dishwasher sounds like you’re on a runway at your local airport. I don’t think they’re meant to be quite that loud. Next, a quick stop at the USPS and just like that we’re home again. Little Haley did a magnificent job on her first trip.

This afternoon I finally got outside for a ride on the fixie. Only a little over an hour but after 10 consecutive days of inactivity, bad eating, and irregular sleep I was so stoked to be on my bike again. January 4th and it was just short of 60 degrees. Snow? My ass. Pure therapy. Hurra El Nino!

Tonight we’re going to give Little Haley another bath. The first one went so-so. It ain’t easy giving a squirming screaming newborn a bath. But, just like my first diaper change over a week ago, I think we’ll get better at it.

Did I mention Elwood has been a fantastic little kitty thus far with a new member of the family taking away all the attention he once received? He’s a good little fella.

I ordered some Pearl Izumi running shoes and I got a little fury monkey instead!

No comments: