Sunday, March 25, 2007

Smile

Is it me or are weekends just way too short? After putting in some time at Holmes Cyclery Saturday Erin and I dropped Little Haley off at her Grandparents house so that we could dine out. We went to The Pizza Grille courtesy of The Legend (thanks Mike!). We always get the same thing when we go there. Erin gets a Greek pizza and I get a chicken cheesesteak. We split a Feta & Sun-dried Tomato Salad as well. Good stuff. Always yummy there.

Today we had scheduled to get some studio photos taken of Haley, which turned into a fiasco. I am somewhat against the whole idea of studio pictures. I know it’s just simply what you do with your child as she/he grows up. I could do without the staged artificialness of it all. Anyway, although Haley looked incredibly cute, she didn’t feel like smiling so the turd-head photog didn’t feel like snapping any pictures. In 20 minutes of attempting to coax a smile she snapped approx 6-8 pictures always a second or two late. It was a waste of time. The best pictures are always spontanious. We'll try it again somehwere down the road.

The cool part was we got to hang out with Haley’s other Grammy (my Mom) and then spent some time with Aunt Shannon & Uncle Greg (my Sis and Bro In-law) and Cousin DJ (my Nephew). It was fun to see everyone.

Also cool was riding The Fixie down to Hangover this afternoon for the picture thing. The weather was amazing and it was totally cool riding roads I haven’t been on in a LONG time. I could have been to North Hanover in about 32.5 miles using all back roads but I got there earlier than expected so I dicked around and ended up with 41 miles of fun. Did I mention I love riding a fixed gear bike?

Did I also mention I love riding because it affords me the opportunity to eat like an ass? Ride to eat. Words to live by.

MTV is running a lot of old episodes of Jackass. Never gets old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome on the ride to Hangover. What roads were used? Thinking of riding home one night from Mechanicsburg to East Berlin some night if I ever get off my lazy but and try it.

Also Congrats on your daughter she is very beautiful.