Thursday, February 14, 2008

Crunchy Corn Cereal

I'm such a sucker for breakfast cereals. Most people know of my love of Honeycomb. I've had love affairs with Wheaties, Total, and Honey Nut Cheerios over the years but I'm always hooked by the here today gone tomorrow existence of Quisp.

Quisp is one of those cereals that harkens me back to days of yore when your humble narrator was but a tiny little punk earning his stripes on the mean streets of East Berlin. Days spent riding my sweet 'Goose around town trying not to find trouble or vice versa. I'd fuel up every morning with this sugary substance to get me through the day.

A few years ago I was out in San Diego visiting my brother-from-another-mother, Glen, and I found a huge stash of Quisp at the local Von's. I bought several boxes and smuggled them back to the Commonwealth to share with my friends here.

Now every once in a while I find it at Giant and I buy a couple or six boxes. It's not an incredibly tastey cereal, not bad, just not great. That's not the point though. When I throw a leg over my steed this morning to ride to work, just like all those years ago, I'll have been powered by the silly little alien dude and his sugary goods.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's HBOs count for Quisp?
signed Big Al

He to the B said...

Liar, liar pants on fire! Some man had the audacity to lie about multi-tasking in the shower. Probably thast little spank Pvt. Pyle the soap dropping army recruit. Don't ask don't tell Diggler.

dk said...

No shit! Kinda like the "do you spank it" question, 9 outta 10 say yes and the dude who says no is lying.

Kenny, zero hbo's in Quisp. Not like that makes it a healthy way to start the day but it's good to reminisce. When does Kenny become "Papa Kenny"?

Unknown said...

kenny becomes Papa Kenny in the next few days... March 9 is the official date but if he's like me add 15 minutes to that.