Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tennis anyone?

My friggin elbow is killing me! My belief is this is a repetitive use injury. Before all you funnymen leave “snake charming” related comments I can assure you that’s not the case. We’ll leave it at that. My diagnosis is Lateral Epicondylitis. Whatever the case, I suppose I need to pay a visit to the doc’s office. Joy.

I got a nice ride in today down to The Berm for little DJ’s final b-ball game. Turned out to be a pretty decent day. I got nice and mud spattered about halfway. I took the most direct route which involves a cool 1-1.5 mile dirt road complete with a short 18-20% climb.

Everytime I shifted I’d get this sharp pain shooting through my elbow. Might this be the motivation to renew my passion for the fixie?

Speaking of DJ. There’s a milestone birthday in the little man’s future. The big one zero for him. Can you remember where you were when you were 10? Me? Hardly.

In honor McHammy’s recent dry spell, which unless I’m mistaken will now stretch into a 4th week now, I thought I had found the perfect direction for our little Kylie to take his life. As I was flippin channels tonight I came across this. What could be more perfect? Already an experienced male model, I was excited at the prospect of success for The Hamster. Until, the small-print-disclaimer-fast-talking dude at the end of the commercial mentioned the deal breaker. Eligibility requirement #8 dooms him. Maybe we could all chip in and buy Hammy some shoe lifts. How’d the weekend go KHam?

1 comment:

bikescag said...

800mg of ibuprofen three times a day, icing 3 times a day, try one of those tennis elbow splints at the pharmacy(DON'T let an orthopaedic surgeon talk you into having a custom brace made- there are tons of studies in the medical literature with statistically significant numbers that show no difference in efficacy b/w custom splints and OTC splints), and if all else fails, you may need an injection(just clear it with UCI/USCF/ASO/USOC and whatever else vampires you may have to report it to for competitive cycling)