Thursday, August 18, 2005

New Holmes Unis

Way back in the beginning of the year I started the task of creating a new Holmes’ Cycling jersey and short for the masses to wear. We used Garneau for the actual garments which turned out fantastic. My original plan was to approach the local Market Street businesses to see about logo placement/sponsorship type stuff but not a single one was interested. We weren’t even asking for a big commitment. Losers. So plan B was customers with business and that worked much better. We signed up an eye doctor, a realtor, and EDS. Along with them we got Giant, Trek, and Serotta on board as well. The end result is a pretty sharp jersey. Orange and navy blue. Bibshorts kick ass. I’d especially like to thank TeamPete/ReMAX for stepping up big time to buy the prime sleeves/ass logo spots which are primo. Although he’ll have to forgive me for cutting the sleeves out of my jersey. Just too damn hot this summer for sleeves. I’ll wear sleeves this Fall. Look for the Holmes team uni at the rear of a ‘cross field near you shortly.

Which brings me to my gripe of the day. Hebe called me yesterday to inform me that I will NOT be racing 35+ this fall. The way age is calculated was changed from last year. Now my race age as of January 1st 2006 is what I go by. Which means I’m no longer 35. I’m 34. No biggie.
Today was such a beautiful day. 85 and low humidity. Not much wind. I put in almost 3hrs. mostly flat stuff but I did do the Whiskey Springs climb which is always a good time. Now I feel as though I need to lay down in the hammock and nap. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make a muscle in this pic or did your hurt yourself??