Friday, August 19, 2005

Therapy


There is just something soothing about a rainy cool morning. Perhaps it’s knowing I don’t feel as though I MUST go out and ride an hour before work. Two more weeks and we cut our hours at work back to 7pm closing time. It’s only an hour but it makes a huge difference.

I may be one of a dozen or so people to truly be excited by this but Hockey got their act together and will start a new season October 5th. The Flyers have made some pretty nice moves to put themselves in a great position to dominate. Although anyone who knows anything about Philly sports knows that you can’t celebrate BEFORE the season starts. Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Eagles. In fact the reason I’m a Raiders fan today is because way back in 1980 the Eagles went to the Super Bowl to take on the mighty Raiders. I was in 4th grade and loved the Eagles. The freakin Raiders crushed them poor little Eagles. I was devastated. I went to bed and cried. I swore I’d never let a team let me down like that again. So at that point in time, my only logical course of action was to root for the champs, The Raiders. Not that they accomplished a whole hell of a lot since then either. Anyway, hockey. Mark it on your calender. 10/5/05. Flyers v. Rangers. HiDef.

No comments: