Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ode to fast guys

Holy shit, it’s hot outside. I told you it wouldn’t be 3 months ‘til my next post. 3 hours. Just got back from a 2hr ride and just about melted. Stiff little breeze for such a warm day. Ordinarily you’d think such a stinkin’ hot day would not have any wind to speak of. So, today’s ride brings me to 2150+ road miles. Last year at this time I had approx 1100 or so. Just about double to this point. And yet I still have all kinds of self doubt about getting anything accomplished this fall. Maybe it’s the heat. I never minded the heat. It’s far from what I’d call great weather but maybe I just don’t respond well to 95 degrees. To be a top cyclist, someone who races and rides at the front, takes drive and determination that I admire and respect and, quite frankly, don’t know how they do it all year long. My hats off. Out.

No comments: