Monday, February 05, 2007

Auntie Em

The Big Game has come and gone. I was entertained for the most part. Ho hum, really. I was more annoyed at the rainstorm during the entire game. Maybe the NFL could do us all a favor and think twice before putting another Super Bowl in a city where weather could even remotely be an issue. Doesn’t it rain in Florida just about every freakin day? Ever heard of Phoenix? San Diego? A dome maybe? Not only did it effect the game with fumbles and dropped balls but it also effected my Hi-Def viewing experience. The TV cameras were so wet and fogged up that I was watching a Lo-Def picture. Like I said, ho-hum.

Aunt Emily, this is for you. We told Little Haley about where you are and why you missed her grand entrance into this world. At first she was grumpy. I think she was upset with you.

But we did some talking and I think we convinced her to give you a pass as long as you give her lots of hugs and kisses and babysit her when her parents want to go out. That’s her final offer. She was a little happier after we calmed her down. She can’t wait to meet you. I hope you’re enjoying Maui.

Speaking of Maui. I'll try to keep in mind the sunny and 81 day they will enjoy as I ride to work with the thermometer belting out a whopping.......wait for it.........8 degrees. Lets not even factor in the wind. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're complaining about 8 degrees. You mean POSITIVE 8 degrees?

HA!

I got excited tonight when it was NEGATIVE 2!!! Compared to the NEGATIVE 15 (not including windchill) when we drove to work this morning, -2 seemed like a heat wave! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah i guess i owe her a trip to maui sometime when she's older, since i missed her flying back here. if i was rich u guys would have a new box in the mail from me filled with wittle baby bikini's, tank tops, and flip flops every week. I see that stuff in every window on front st., and then i start goin off on the person im with ( or any random person walking by) that it would look so cute on haley.


...how 'bout u package her up with bubble wrap and a bottle, and overnight her!
...haha, jk.