Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A new perspective on perspective

Not much new to report here at the Kessel Ranch. Young Haley is doing very well. She made a quick trip to the bike shop today on her way to CC. She really digs the scene up at CC. There’s always plenty to keep her attention up there.

Last Saturday Erin and I met up with Hebe and Benny to do some snow tubing at Ski Roundtop. Erin’s parents came over to our house to watch Little Hales while we were gone. This was the first time Erin was separated from Haley for more than a 15-20 minute trip to the store. I think they both did quite well. We had an absolute blast tubing. Thanks to The Legend for the hook-up on the passes. Good times. It’s been a little while since I’ve laughed as hard as that.

Sunday the weather crapped up again. Just the usual miserable snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain BS. I got my do-list done early and worked on my ass groove on the couch. I did hit the crapliptical for 30 minutes.

I got a new toy a couple weeks ago. This thing is pretty damn cool. I haven’t even come close to tapping into all the info I can gather from it. It seems to be dead-on accurate as well. After a ride I can upload the info and it will map it out to the T where I went. It's really quite amazing to look at it after the fact. I can’t wait to get it out on some real long hilly rides. Mainly just map out all the roads and climbs I’ve always done but now get an idea of elevation gains and gradients and whatnot. Fun.

I’m still rockin the fixie. I haven’t ridden anything else since I threw it together late last year. It’s a hard ride if I stick out here in my neck of the woods. It’s pretty rolling in my parts so I find out real quick just how lame my fitness is right now. No worries, it’s only late Feb.

I’m jonesin’ to go somewhere. Anybody want to fly me somewhere?

No comments: