Monday, December 19, 2005

Beautiful

I just knocked out all my shopping in less than 3hrs today. The Wifey. Check. D.J. Check. My sis. Check. Greg, soon to be brother-in-law. Check. My father-in-law. Check. Glen & Lupe. Yep. Everyone got gift cards except for The Wifey. I love gift cards because they are easy to purchase. No thought needed. Walk to the register. Bang, your done. And, I for one, rather enjoy receiving a gift card instead of a strange stab at something I may or may not like. Some will say it’s the thought that counts when it you open up a shaving kit or a pair of new shoelaces. I say, humbug. Gift card me.

Joining me today and making a stressful event like shopping much more enjoyable was The Wifey’s sis, Emily. She’s cool. We had a good time. As long as I’ve know Erin’s family, I never really had much chance to get to know Em. She saved me a big headache today simply by putting the idea in my head to cross the river over to the East Shore where practically every store I wanted to hit was in the same complex. Otherwise I’d have been yanking my hair out on this side driving to 19 different stores fighting traffic all the way. The last place we stopped was the Bass Pro Shop. It was my first visit to that mega-store. Holy shit that place is huge. Giant stuffed wildlife everywhere. Pretty amazing place. Anyway, it was cool to get to know Em a little. She LOVES hockey too, BTW. Are there any single dudes out there looking for a beach/surf/hockey lovin’ chick?

Now, despite my best wishes to get on my bike, I realize I need to chisel the inch of ice off our driveway before someone dies. Freaking winter. Grin and bear it.

Good day.

No comments: