Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Drivel

The Wifey and I finally caught the first episode of The Sopranos tonight. Worth the wait. Not an episode loaded with action, until Uncle June shot T in the gut, but some good story lines should make this the best season yet.

Damn! Did we ever get busy at Holmes. It didn’t help that VisitPARay and I were away for 4 straight days during the warmest days of the year so far. Young KHam is going to start full time next week. Should be good to have him around. He’s good with customers and knows his stuff with bikes. Plus he has a friendly little rivalry with VisitPARay on the MTN bike. They’re both fast skinny little suckers so the smack has been flying from all angles ever since Kyle started part-time. Hebe comes in and throws matches at the gas can when he can.

Erin and I are cruising down to Cape May tomorrow night for a long weekend. She was born and raised in those parts so I know she loves to get down there whenever she can. I’m going to take my Lemond so I can get out for a few rides. Riding down there sucks pretty bad but I’ll have two and a half days to get a few hours in and build up an appetite for some good grub. Louie’s Pizza. The Cape Orient(sushi!). I wonder if The Lemon Tree is open. Good breakfast goodies there. We’re going to try and find a nice fancy joint to eat one night but it’s all subject to what’s actually open this time of year. Hit or miss, I suppose.

In other news. Another karioke loser got booted off AI. Yawn. Snore. I know many love this dreck but after they weed out the nut jobs in the first few weeks I find the entertainment value totally lost. Other than the occasional eye candy I see zero reason to follow this crap. Mind-numbing. I would fork my eyeballs out if I didn’t have a pickle on the end of it. Now that I’ve offended everyone who reads this I offer this disclaimer. I watch hockey. I love hockey. I know, I know, me and about six other people. All I’m saying is; I don’t get it. Just like you don’t get hockey. So, make fun of me.

My Powertap SL showed up. Ahem. Minus spokes and a rim. Your dumbass narrator ordered the wrong freakin part number. Now I need to source a rim and some spokes and build it myself. Not that big of a deal. Just a PITA that’s all.

Speaking of baseball. We’re under three weeks to go until the Phillies kick off their season. Sometimes I don’t know why I bother. Name the last Philly sports team to win it all. Yes, it’s been a while. I still need to make it down there to see a game at the now two year old stadium. I hear it’s nice but it’s a shame you gotta drive to South Philly to get there. Serious dump. It’s always easier to catch ‘em play at Camden Yards. You can make a day of it down in Baltimore. Mmmmm, crab cakes.

More outdoor entertainment news. April 21st. Did you right that down? Haars Drive-in opens for bidness. Love it.

GOODNIGHTNOW!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Dude, you're away again this weekend? I was hoping to shoot the shit with you on the euro scene on Saturday. I guess this explains why I'm working again.

dk said...

That's the jet-set life I live my friend. Minus the jet, of course. We'll catch up soon. dk

Jackie Brown said...

We should hit Haar's on opening weekend.....remember years ago when we went to see the 20th Anniversary showing of GREASE???
Oh and then there was Armageddon...plus the many times the Lake Meade crew went........we need to go.

Anonymous said...

Haar's rocks. When earn/win/inherit/steal my millions, I'm building a new drive-in. Haar's will be the model...the little speakers and good grub. I may doing something about the head (won't use it). I'm taking donations if anyone's interested

dk said...

What's wrong? You don't like pissing in a trough with two other dudes at the same time? Try having major shit cramp issues like I had a few years back. I had to leave the place because there is NO way I was sitting on that totally open throne next to the piss trough.

I like your idea. Big Boy Pullin's Drive-In Extravaganza! I'll donate to the cause. Just don't build down in there in West Chester. Buy Lake Meade and put it up next to Silsley's house. He'd love all the commotion.