Sunday, March 26, 2006

Slap Boxing the One-Eyed Champ

Got out for another good ride today. Mother Nature played a cruel trick on me but it was still a nice ride. 20 miles into the wind so the theory goes I’d have 20 miles of clear sailing home. Right? My ass. Try 20 miles of bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles blustery headwinds. Somewhere around Braggtown the sun went away the clouds moved in and the winds shifted. What can you do? Grin and bear it.

I finished up being more hungry than I can remember in quite some time. I made a pizza and ate it. I had visions of Louie’s but Cape May was last week.

The Wifey has just shipped off on a Teacher testing type business trip until Thursday eve. She hates those trips. I won’t know what to do with myself until then. At least I can fall asleep with the radio on for a few nights. I suppose I have to try and figure out the washing machine. Either that or smell like hell all week. Looks like I’m watching The Sopranos alone tonight. Hopefully she can watch at her hotel in Philly.

Our last week of closing at 7pm at Holmes. Starting in April we go to 8pm. Sucks, but at least we get an hour back in the evenings starting next Sunday. Might make the transition a little more bearable.

Speaking of next Monday. Baseball is back. Go Sillies!

Miles on my 1996 Ford Ranger STX pick-up redneck truck since January 23rd - 158. Miles on my Lemond Tete in the last 10 days - 190. Sweetness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aawww why'd you have to bring up louies! now im missing it, hahaha.
you know your welcome here any night for dinner or to watch basic cable...on our basic tv's, with the volume cranked, and my family talking over it.

hhhmmmm...second thought, i might come watch tv with you :)

dk said...

Flyers v Maple Leafs Tuesday night. Hi-Def Big Screen 55"!

He to the B said...

So who has caught the title reference yet?

dk said...

That I know of? 2

Jackie Brown said...

I can guess what the title means.....since the wifey is out of town Gus has to clean his own pipes this week!
I love Emily's comment about her family cranking the volume and overtaking the TV. Since we come from the same genes, I know all about the volume issues that run in the family!

dk said...

The Williams clan....The loudest gang of family I've ever met. A jolly good time unless we're trying to watch puck and Erin and her mom are shouting over the TV about knitting.

Not that there is anything wrong with knitting. I mean a woman has to have a passion, right? How 'bout it scrapper?

Jackie Brown said...

Yes, a woman must have a passion, however.......it's not wise to be discussing it while sports are trying to be seen/heard on TV. Get a clue and go to the kitchen and talk 'knitting'....knitting? Who knits anyomre?