Thursday, March 23, 2006

gobuldiguk

I got out for a real nice ride today. Totally JRA. So far I love my new toy. Understanding it will definitely take some time. Here is just a small sample of all the feedback I gathered from today’s ride.
· Duration - 2:22:37hrs
· Work – 1576kJ (calories)
· TSS – 10.9 (don’t know what this means)
· Norm Power – 215 (don’t know what this means)
· Distance – 42.118 miles
· Power – max-948 watts, avg power-184 watts
· Heart Rate – max-181, avg HR-157
· Cadence – min-30rpm, max-141(!), avg-88
· Torque – max-457, avg-78 lb-in (don’t know what this means)

This is just a small amount of the info I have available for dissecting. There is also peak power in 5, 10, 20, and 30 seconds and 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, and 60 minutes. Graphs, charts, a diary to keep notes. For a stats/numbers geek like myself this is beautiful. Now if I can just figure it out a little more. I’ll have to have a pow-wow with my good buddy Coach Hebe.

XM Radio is awesome. Channel 44. Fred. I just heard a Hoodoo Gurus song I haven’t heard in probably 10 years. The Cult, X, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Call, Janes, old REM (before they turned fag). There is no end.

After watching the Flyers dismantle the Rangers last night I briefly turned the remote over to The Wifey. She immediately went for AI. Just as that chicken little tool got the ‘ol heave ho. I almost shot iced tea out my nose when the word karaoke was used to descibe one of the singer losers. That, fleeting as it was, was major entertainment!

When we were down in Cape May last weekend we both were jonesin for some ice cream. We hit the local Wawa and found a stash of Ben & Jerry’s. I haven’t had any of that stuff since I recovered from my bout of fat-assed-ness. I discovered that have some low fat frozen yogurt goodies now. I picked up a pint of Half Baked. It had some cookie dough and some brownie chunks in it but it was super good and ridiculously low in fat for ice cream. I may have a new addiction. That stuff ain’t cheap either.

Has anyone noticed it’s officially spring? Couldn’t tell by sticking your nose outside. This is our payback for a warm January. Sonzabitches! Until we meet again.

No comments: