Sunday, March 05, 2006

I picked up my XM satellite radio system last night. So far, I have to say it’s pretty damn cool. There is so much variety in the music and talk I think it would be impossible not to find something to your liking. I had some gift certificates to use up so my $100 purchase was mostly covered. I would have no problem saying it’s well worth the money especially if you spend a lot of time in your car. I don’t so I bought the home kit also. Easy as pie to set up and a breeze to navigate. I recently heard XM was having some financial issues but you wouldn’t have known that by looking at the display at Best Buy. They were just about cleaned out. The sales monkey said there was nothing hotter in the whole store. My favorite channel so far is called Fred. Plays nothing but old school 80’s alt music. The Cure, PIL, Fishbone, Depeche Mode, The Clash, Simple Minds, Violent Femmes, Elvis Costello, Oingo Boingo. You get the picture. All the sports talk is there. FSR, SNR, ESPN. Even 5 or 6 country channels for The Wifey. Like I said, hard to be disappointed.

I made it out for 90 wind blown minutes of riding today. It warmed up nicely even if the wind was somewhat scattershot. Formal training starts in two weeks. The Legend called to ride today but I was already 20minutes into mine and I didn’t hear my cell ringing in the wind. At this point riding with Hebe would most likely be counterproductive for both of us. He’ll be flying at your local 1/2 race in just a few short weeks while I would have a tough time hanging onto the back of a C ‘cross race. Other than the daily commute which has kept my legs spinning I have zero fitness otherwise. A necessary evil I suppose. I feel good that I haven’t riding this winter near as much as last even though the weather tempted me all of January. I have to keep telling myself I’ll get my miles in, just not yet. It does amaze me reading all the blogs about the guys getting ready to hit the pavement/dirt ready to hammer, making it imperative they be out killing themselves in less than stellar weather. Good luck. I have much respect for you all.

The Wifey made some more choco chip/coconut cookies today. Unfreakinbelievably tastey. Then she outdid herself for dinner with some spinach stuffed pork chops with a side of asparagus. Yummy! BTW, why does my pee smell funny? In between she had the sewing machine out throwing together some pillows for our furniture in the basement. The best wife ever. Period.

BigBoyPulling aka Brother of The Legend aka Thotis aka Eric stopped in for a brief visit on his way home to West Chester. Picked up his Holmes bibs and a cookie. Coupled with his Holmes jersey I understand he is now obligated to do the Lower Allen ‘cross race this fall. No excuses.

I’ve added another link on the right for you to check out. My friend Mark, aka Crink aka Hink is a Linux rocket scientist. I’ve known Mark since I was 8yrs old. Mark now lives in North Carolina running a computer software company and a Linux magazine. Not shabby for an East Berlin boy, eh Mark? Anyway, some of you who read this might find Mark’s site fascinating. I’m a bit overwhelmed by most things computer related but the Linux thing seems pretty cool. Check it out.

I’ve got the drive to Saratoga Springs, NY and a visit to Serotta coming up on Thursday. I’m looking forward to being trained by the best in the biz on the science of proper bike fit but I’m not looking forward to the 30hrs+ of classroom time in just 3 days. That’s a lot of sitting for me and my ADD. Wish me luck. I’ll be taking the lapper to keep up to date and report in from NY.

One week for you. One week + a day for me.

No comments: