Thursday, March 30, 2006

I heart food

What an awesome day outside. I managed to put in another good ride. 2:30hrs of fun. The weather definitely helps the motivation. I did a threshold test so that I can start basing my training on actual numbers instead of JRA. More on that in the next few days. I need to give my data to The Legend so he can decipher it and give me some direction. I ordered Training and Racing With a Power Meter today. I’m sure that will clear up what all these numbers mean.

The Wifey will be home tonight after being gone since Sunday. No phone calls please.

I need to clean a bit around the house so she doesn’t freak out. Really the place isn’t too bad all things considered. Some crumbs to vacuum and some dishes to load in the dishwasher but not much else.

I need to do a better job of feeding myself on longer rides. I’ve done 3 rides in the past week of 2:30hrs in length with nothing more than a 100 calorie Clif Shot. I’m getting done with these rides absolutely famished. I want to start stretching these rides out a little closer to 3hrs when we get into the season more. Bars, gels, drinks, I need to figure out the best way for me to take on calories as I ride. Bars taste great but are tough to get down without a boat load of water. I’ve tried Accelerade/Endurox without success. They taste great but I just can’t digest the drinks during rides. Afterwards no problems. I’m thinking gels might be my best option but at 100 calories a pop I’d need to carry 4 or 5. Any thoughts?

On that note. After my ride today I immediately went to the store to load up on grub. People always say don’t go grocery shopping when you’re hungry. My ass. That’s the best time to go.

Soon time to bust out the hammock. I love that thing. I missed it dearly over the winter. Erin wouldn’t let me set it up down in the basement. It totally would have worked down there in front of the ol double nickel. No luck. Many times last summer I’d get out for a ride before work and leave enough time to lounge on the hammock. I’d then call everyone I knew who was sitting in their office cubicle and tell them how nice it was outside. Soon.

No mas.

2 comments:

Jackie Brown said...

The first day I get a call from you in that hammock (like I did a few times last summer) while I'm in my 'cubicle' at work, I'm coming over there with a sharp pair of scissors and cutting the strings into hundreds of little pieces! hehehe

dk said...

Don't worry, I'll make sure you're the first person I call. Scissors schmissiors!