Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'll have the roast duck

I hate to sound like a broken record but, holy shit, I’ve done nothing but deliver fitness ever since the first of the year. I honestly thought it would have tailed off a bit by now but it seems like people are showing up by the bus load to buy this stuff. Especially ellipticals. Especially this elliptical. Also selling a bunch of this treadmill. Anyway, it’s a little exhausting heaving this crap up and down and all around homes all day but it is cool to be out of the shop hours at a time. Yesterday five pieces. Today 4 pieces. Tomorrow a trip to Ghettosburg followed by Hershey followed by a short trip to Mechanicsburg. All ellipticals. Should be fun. My day off Thursday looks like another great weather day. Lucky me. Still waiting for that snow Amy. Heh heh.

I purchased my first USCF license November of last year. Upon receiving it I noticed they are trying to classify ‘crossers similar to roadies. I think. My license has me a Category 4 which I believe may be the case with anyone buying their first license. I haven’t raced much but I have done some and with satisfying results so it was my wish to try and upgrade from a Cat 4 to at least a 3. My understanding is a 4 is a beginner and a 1 is a flat out rocket. On Nate’s recommendation I submitted a request to the USCF for an upgrade. Better to get it done now instead of waiting until the fall. I listed my results from the past two years and shot for a Cat 2 thinking it wouldn’t hurt to gun for it. What’s the worst that could happen? So, today I got my answer. I opened the email expecting an upgrade to a 3. Turns out they made me a 2. Awesome! I’m still not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things but I’d imagine what that means is I can race in any race I want with the only exception being a UCI Elite race. Which would never cross my mind. In the past cross races ran C(fast), B(faster), A(fastest) along with masters(35+) and women and juniors. I started in ’03 and’04 doing C races getting my feet wet. In ’05 I jumped up to the B’s and got my feet wetter. I had a couple great races. Now my fantastic coach has laid down the law for ’06. A full MAC sked. I can’t wait. What I’m curious about, if I may bore you just a little longer, is will ‘cross promoters continue to run races A-B-C or make things easier to figure out run 1-2/3-3/4 at UCI’s and 1/2-2/3-3/4 at non-UCI’s? Hmmm.

The Wifey is over at her friends house watching the new American Idol tonight. Her and Nicki work together and seem to have a grand ole time together. Next week I think we’re hosting the AI part. Joy. As long as it doesn’t interrupt anything involving a frozen pond and a rubber puck we should be ok.

Until we meet again.

7 comments:

Fort James said...

Dude,

AI RULES!!!!

He to the B said...

Races will be run by categories, not letters.
At MABRA & non-UCI races you will need to race A or Masters. UCI races you will race B's. You actually shot yourself in the foot by going to a 2. Now you can not race the non-UCI events as B.
You may want to plead ignorance to the rules w/ USAC & see if you can be a three.
hebe

dk said...

Story of my life. I actually really enjoy AI in the early weeks when they're weeding out the clowns. But, if it comes down to puck or AI. No contest. Ask Hebe. He'll tell you how great hockey is. dk

Jackie Brown said...

We have 2 more months of winter my dear........we will have plenty of snow in the next 2 months. Heck, if this 50 degree crap keeps up, winter may last well into April! Snow on Easter.....how poetic that would be!

dk said...

balderdash!

Nathan said...

See you on the line of the first MABRA race. Sucka!

Anonymous said...

We want to hear about your big night out on Saturday!