Monday, January 23, 2006

What color is your neck?

We’ve got digital cable here at the Kessel Ranch. Included in the package we have is about 9 different Cinemax channels. In the past two weeks I think I’ve watched bits and pieces of Sideways just about every other night and it gets better every time I see it. Some might think it’s slow and I wouldn’t disagree but it is interesting and pretty damn funny. Two thumbs way up.

So, last Wednesday I woke up and felt a little not-so-great-but-I’ll-go-to-work-anyway. I was out delivering all day and I progressively felt crappier. By the time I got home in the evening my head was boiling and I ached like a mf’er. Dunno what was going on but I managed to sleep ok and felt better Thursday. Weird stuff though. I was hating life Wed night. Glad it’s not the flu or something along those lines.

Now, just for The Mrs Legend, I must confess my attendance to my sisters bridal shower Saturday night. Believe me, it’s not something I was thrilled about but I feel like I do have a good excuse. First you have to know a little info about me and Mrs Kessel. She’s born and raised in Cape May, NJ. My sister and I were born and raised in Adams County, PA. Translation: My sister(Shannon) and I grew up in a major redneck area of Pennsyltucky. Erin grew up far from it. So when Erin was invited to attend Shannon’s bridal shower I felt a small responsibility to (A) get here there, as she had no idea where on earth she was going, and (B) shield her from as much redneckery as I could, as she knows none of Shannon’s friends. The end result was really no big deal. There were approx 20 cackling women in attendance but it was pretty tame. We had dinner and had some laughs and were home by 10pm. I know Shannon and some of her friends made a allnighter of it but we had enough. The wedding should be real interesting. I moved away from all that redneckidness 10yrs ago. I don’t want to portray myself as better than a redneck, only to say that I AM a redneck who wears a figurative scarf to cover it up. I’m sure it’ll be a riot.

Toys. The Wifey will tell you I have enough already. My thoughts are you can never have too many. My latest desire is Satellite Radio. Way back when I was a little punk I was always drawn to AM radio. I would go to bed every night with a radio in my bed and I’d try to tune in anything sports related and if I couldn’t find that I’d settle for anything that sounded interesting. Who else remembers when Dr Ruth was on radio? Believe me, when your 11yrs old Dr Ruth is VERY interesting. Point being, for over 20 years of my life I’ve enjoyed talk radio. Before I was married I would go to sleep and just leave the radio on all night. It may sound weird but it’s soothing to me to fall asleep to a couple clowns debate the latest sports news. After marriage falling asleep with the radio barking full blast has become a little more of a no-no. My sleep suffered. Using the “marriage is full of compromises” ploy didn’t work with The Wifey on that matter so my solution was, drumroll, earphones. Can you believe my wife makes me go to sleep every night with earphones in my head just so I can sleep well? At any rate, I’m diggin the variety I can get with XM and also the ability to listen at home or in car seems pretty cool. I haven’t picked it up yet. Within a month or so.

Speaking of my truck. I filled the tank this morning. I was trying to remember the last time before today. I knew it was a while. As I was sitting there waiting for the tank to fill I found the receipt from the last fill up. November 26th. 59 days ago. Beauty, eh?

2 comments:

Jackie Brown said...

I can not believe you attended a bridal shower with 20 "cackling girls". I know how those things are and there is some serious cackling going on during them! Hell, I'm a girl and I don't even like 'em!
3 of my peeps got the satellite radio for Christmas, they love it.
I think the most disturbing portion of your posting is that you actually sleep with headphones on! What's up with that? That's the craziest thing i've ever heard. How do you sleep? You can't move your head without the possibilty of ear damage.

Hey, a girl I work with is getting married in July, wanna attend the shower with me if I'm invited???

dk said...

earphones. not headphones. i tried headphones but they are way too bulky. usually just one ear. you'd never know.