Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sir, Is your head on fire?

Another amazing day today. 61 and blazin sun. More importantly, I was off. I had a few chores The Wifey asked me to do. As much as I wanted to leave the xmas lights up all year it probably was the right time to take ‘em down. So, after the chores were done it was time to get out for a little ride.

Unfortunately I just missed Hebe’s call to see if I was riding. Call my cell. I ALWAYS carry it with me on rides. You never know when a BB might fail 13 miles from home. Legendary. What a great ride today. I was dressed perfectly. There wasn’t much wind. Just a beautiful day. I even covered up my knees at the urging of Coach Hebe. I hated to do it but it’s for the best. I also stayed in my small ring the entire ride. It made a big difference. Funny how something like that, a no brainer really, makes such a difference. Dumb, to be honest. There is no reason at all to be in my 53 right now. I rode almost 2 ½ hrs and felt fresh enough to go another hour more if I weren’t so damn hungry. Learn. Remember.

I saw the funniest thing today while riding. I hit a road popular with the local bike club and wasn’t surprised to see a few other people riding also. I came up over a rise and noticed a rotund figure on a comfort mtn bike sittin WAY upright JRA. As I get closer, I notice what appeared to be a big puff of smoke coming from this fellas head. Weird? It’s too warm for me to see this guys breath. Is his head on fire? WTF? It all came into focus as I passed our subject. A thing of beauty. Old fat guy riding his comfort rig with a giant stogie hanging out of his mouth, Clint Eastwood style. A little wave and that was that, but man what a sight. Give him partial credit for getting his fat ass out to exercise.

I keep forgetting to mention that VisitPA Ray asked his girlfriend, Nancy, for her hand in marriage. He got a positive answer so look for a wedding down the road. Congrats on the news. Drop Ray a call or email and offer him all the advice we can. It’s our duty as men to look out for each other in times like this.

I finally linked up Josh’s blog which you’ll find on the right under The Original Jack Ass. He lives in NoCal but grew up right here in Dillsburg, PA. He started working at Holmes when he was 15. We made a man outta young Josh. Or corrupted him. Take your pick. Depends who you talk to, I guess. He ended up getting married to Beth, the chick he was dating while working at Holmes, so I suppose we didn’t mold him into too bad of a guy. Smart as a whip and the fascinating ability to make grown men act like an 8yr old. I never had so much fun. Anyway, check him out.

I also finally got around to linking up Ryan Leech, aka Dieter. I don’t know him very well but he is the fastest ‘crosser we have in the MAC and has a way with words I always find a good read.
GOODNIGHTNOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow man you really have updated your blogs a lot... I remember that when you first started posting you went months without making a new thread. r0xx0r!