Sunday, January 01, 2006

We made it through last nights festivities unscathed. The beer pong smack down never materialized. I was disappointed considering all the unsolicited taunting we were getting throughout the day. Apparently our gracious and wonderful(legendary even) hosts perceived us as a significant pong threat so they busted out some tard game I was less than committed to. We quickly moved to another game that we’ve played before. I forget the name but it was fun and always gets good laughs. The main strategy is the art of bullshittery. I’m not saying I’m a better bullshitter than anyone else but I have made it almost 35yrs doing something right.

Mr & Mrs Legend and the lovely Mrs K

I was happy to see Dick Clark back on the tube. A bit shaky, yes, but give him credit for not mailing it in and calling it a day. Another observation. At what point did Mariah Carey resume her career as a hippo?

Speaking of hippos. I love the Legendary Cat, Hobbes, as if he were my own. But it has been a running joke about his impressive roundness. So, with photographic evidence, you make the call. He is a cool little(?) fella.

Hobbesy, Closing in on a perfectly round ball of Cat

I went out for a ride yesterday after it rained for a bit. Just a short ride but something dawned on me that I haven’t thought of yet. I put more miles on my bikes this year than I put on my 4.0L V6 fire-breathing pick-up rig. Another first. I know to some this is no big deal but I’m in uncharted territory. I’m finding the more I ride the easier it gets to keep on riding. Right now it truly is part of my daily routine to be on a bike. And ask my lovely wife how grumpy I get when I go a day or two without a bike. So, of course, today I got out for another hour to kick off the year on the right note. I’m trying to remember but doesn’t it seem that January 1st is ALWAYS a nice day. I feel like I ride every NYD. Nice.

Pork sauerkraut taties peas. Courtesy of Erin’s parents. Yum. Fart. Courtesy of me. Yum. Now we sit in front of the ’ol 55’er watching the Skins and Eagles do battle in HD. Art.

One more day off tomorrow. And what a day it will be. College Foosball all day. Throw in a Flyers matinee at 1pm. There will most assuredly be a plethora of movies to watch. It will be a true manly man day of couch potatoness. Beauty, eh? Stop in and visit. 3023.2

"That wall looks tastey. Maybe i'll eat the wall"

2 comments:

Jackie Brown said...

Tard game? The only reason it was 'tardish' was because you sat there and wouldn't participate!
Love the 'hippo' comeback comment!

dk said...

That fat ass cat is not mine. It's the Hebe animal. My cat is half that size. Twice as fast. Jumps twice the heighth. A true feline athlete!