Thursday, January 05, 2006

Poo

I think I'm getting sick. My head is boiling. Damn. I took a couple aspirin. Feeling a little better. I thing some of the guys at work are getting over something. Hopefully nothing big. I can’t tell The Wifey or I’ll be overwhelmed with a cornucopia of motherly nursing. Not that it would be a bad thing but she doesn’t need to spend all night worried about it. She was in bed tonight by 7:41. I think getting back to work after a week and a half off is draining her.

I got out for 25 today. I was so unenthused until I actually got on my bike and got going. Then it was good. Nice day really. No sun but not bad. I kicked and squished the last bit of snow in my yard today. My property is now snow free. I hate that stuff. I see no forecast for any that white shit either. Rejoice.

I worked Tues and Wed this week and I was out delivering fitness (treadmills and ellipticals) all day both days. We’ve been selling a crazy amount of fitness in the past few weeks. We had a ridiculous year at Holmes. We sunk our major bike competitor last April which is when bikes really take off. We had a record year which was super cool. Busier than hell makes for a hectic day but when the end of the year bonus checks get handed out it makes it feel worth it. Now fitness is blowing up. Keeps us busy year round.

Flyers win. Seven seconds into OT. Gotta love that kind of finish. Speaking of finish. Why I hate Penn State. They barely beat a mediocre Florida State team in an absolutely awful display of how to lose a football game. The game was dreadful from a football standpoint. Were there any first downs in the third quarter? The game was pretty entertaining in OT mainly because neither wanted to win it. Anyway, all you hear on TV and radio is how PSU wins a classic game and what a fantastic night of football it was. I guess that’s what drives me nuts more than JoePa and the team are the knucklehead fans. I realize I live in PA and it’s exactly what the TV and radio dudes are meant to cover and not all PSU fans are dicknoses but it still is hard to digest at times. Last nights Texas v SoCal game was incredible. Either one of those teams would have mopped the floor with ’ol PSU.

L8

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for your rant on PSU. While the action was lacking, a great game regardless. PSU travels to hostile FL and handles FSU. Remember, offense wins games and defense wins championships. Linebacker U showed up to play. He may be old and cromudgin' but Joe Pa rocks. Now you may try to chalk this up to another brain washed Central PA'er, but I to hated PSU my entire chilhood and adolesence. Not until leaving the the cradle of PSU fandom did I come to truly appreciate PSU. So, there is also hope that you to may come to appreciate a fine football tradition, given your chilhood allegence was to a program led by another old guy wearing a houndstooth hat.

We are...Penn State


BTW...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

dk said...

As I said, not all PSU fans are tools. However, I'm willing to bet there were as many if not more PSU fans in attendance being that the game was in Miami and not Tallahassee. Also, while I certainly don't want to take anything away from an 11 win season, you have to admit win #11 came against a very average FSU team. As a fan of football, the second half of that game was unwatchable. Far from an "instant classic" the majority of PSU people think it is. Although I must admit, I do love it when JoePA has a meltdown and starts blowing up anyone who gets in his way. Ref's, asst coach's, cameramen. That's must see TV.

Anonymous said...

I agree, PSU=POO
You need to check the weather channel there shorty....Snow on Monday or Tuesday (i forget which). Hello? It's farmshow week, we always get snow then!

Like bbp said....let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

PS- my TV is bigger than yours!

dk said...

i don't know where you're getting your forecast, my little munchkin, but what i just saw for all next week looks like warm and dry. just the way winter is meant to be. awe shucks

Anonymous said...

The weather channel is where THE LEGEND saw it. HE is the one who told me SNOW on Mon or Tue!!!
Suck it up shorty!

dk said...

Better check again small fry.

Anonymous said...

ok ok - the weather forecast has changed BUT at the time of my original posting it DID show snow showers for tuesday morning.