Sunday, April 02, 2006

Prophet

I can see the future. I can also see the past.

As for the present. I got some more good miles in this weekend. I tried to ride north before work yesterday to try and meet KHam on his way in but couldn't find him. I ended up not knowing how long it would take me to get from where I was to the shop so I had to TT for about 25 minutes until I felt safe. Pretty good ride.

Today, another 40miler. Ho-hum. I did hit a new wattage high today. 1102. At mile 37. Just a short little pitch that I normally muscle over anyway but I thought I'd give it a go. Yo, Hebe? Think we can work on training to put out 1100watts for 45 minutes? Didn't think so. All in good fun.

My prediction for the future is tied to the fact that I'm sending my LeMond Tete back to have it refinished, no charge. The finish on Trek/LeMond/Fisher/Klein bikes is warranteed for one year. My sled is almost exactly that old so I just made it. I sweat like a weirdo. And even though I do my best to clean up my frame after particularly sweaty rides the carbon around the brake cable stops is corroding pretty bad. I'll send it back, get it refinished, and then sell it when I get it back. I'll ride my old MJ until June 1st at which time I will order a new rig. I LOVE my Tete but the Nove should ride pretty close to the same. Why June 1st? EP changes from 15% to 25% on that day. That works.

Enough about bikes. Yesterday Erin and Emily rearranged our living room. Looks good. Before, I thought we needed something else in there but now it looks great. Maybe something to hang on the wall but nothing major. Now we can line up plant life along the big front windows. Cool. I rewarded their efforts by grilling some turkey burgers with some bellas and bacon and swiss. Yum.

The Sopranos was much better tonight. I wasn't so impressed with the first few weeks. I waited 2yrs for this???? Tonight, however, some real meaty story lines are kicking in.

Erin made a real tastey dinner tonight. Chicken breast chopped up in a salad with fries thrown in. Fantastic. Couldn't have done it better myself. The beauty of riding my ass off again is the amount of food I get/need to eat. As the title of my last entry states: I heart food.

GOODNIGHTNOW!

No comments: