Thursday, June 15, 2006

235 grams

So I made it out for a bit over 90 minutes on my bike today. Still feeling the after effects of physical labor from Sunday. Last time I ever do that.

I received my new ‘cross wheels yesterday and threw ‘em on the TCX. Just with a wheel swap I knocked one half of a pound off. American Classic 350’s with Sapim spokes. 1291 grams per pair. Old wheels were Bonty Race X-Lites at 1526 grams. In full race mode the TCX should weigh under 17lbs. I still need to figure out which carbon bars I’m going to run which will knock another tenth off. Should be a pretty light little sled. Don’t know what that gets me but it’s got count for something, right?

Fantastic grilling this evening. Raspberry Walnut marinated Delmonico kabobs with red peppers and portabellas. Steamed Broccoli and asparagus. Roasted redskin potatoes seasoned with a little EVOO and lemon pepper. I also made some chicken for The Wifey as per her request. Erin’s parents came over for the grub. Good stuff.

The weekend looks warm. As in really freakin hot! Joy. Drive-ins Saturday night.

No comments: