Sunday, June 18, 2006

GOOOAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Last night we hit the drive-ins for the first time this year. First movie was Cars. One of those animated deals but it was pretty funny. Second movie was X-men. I can’t seem to get into X-men. We left halfway thru it when we both realized we had absolutely zero idea what the hell was going on. It was a pleasant evening to be lounging outside to watch a movie. Cooled off nicely.

I can’t say the same for today. Warning: I’m going to complain about PA weather again. Honestly? 98 degrees in Camp Hill today. What exactly gets accomplished in this kind of crap? I rode from 11-1 and felt like grim death. I drank 40oz of water before I left and 72oz more during the ride and it still wasn’t enough. At least when it’s 15 degrees outside I can at least layer and manage a decent ride. How exactly do you dress any cooler when it’s 98? I could just glue a chamois to my grundle and go naked. Somehow I think that wouldn’t fly either. I think I just don’t function well in this type of mungy weather.

So I get home and let The Wifey know I would be shutting it down for the rest of the day. She was ok with that but I did want to get some things done. I attempted to put my “Field of Dreams” together but I ran into a few broken and missing pieces so that’s on hold. Nothing like opening up the garage and throwing the B Boys on quite loudly for all the neighbors to enjoy as I rummage around looking for badminton parts. Those fellas are some bad-ass white boys.

Required viewing Monday evening. Game 7 of The Quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup. This is the last hockey you’ll get to see until October. Speaking of sports no one watches. I guess people do watch soccer but it can’t be much more than hockey. Anyway, I caught some World Cup this afternoon. This is t first extended chance I had to watch any of it. seems as though nothings changed. One team scores a goal and the other team doesn’t. game over. Or both teams don’t score at all and the game is…….over? And these little sissies get lightly rough up and they fall to the ground like they’ve been shot by a cannon. Writhing around crying like a girly-man. What makes it all so stupid is these twits are faking an injury so they can get the ball back or somehow gain an advantage. It is pretty cool when you actually see a goal. My conundrum was watching it in HD but listening to English speaking commentators or watching it on a non-HD channel with Spanish commentators who are MUCH more passionate about the game and freak out when a goal is scored. Great stuff.

Gotta go, The Animal is trying to eat my cookies. L8

1 comment:

dk said...

I'm still looking for "grundle" as official medical terminology as Shiner always stated it is.

You know what they say.....It's not the heat, it's the stupidity. eerrr...humidity

Got the message. Thanks.