Sunday, June 11, 2006

One Hundred

Any number of titles could have worked for this post. “Why I Didn’t Ride My Bike Today” or Why I Didn’t Go To Philly and Watch a Bike Race With Eric” or “Holy Shit! My Back is Killing Me”. But instead I paid homage to myself for making this my 100th blog entry. My 9th grade English Teacher, Mrs. Wolf, would be both flabbergasted and proud at the same instant if she knew I was able to pull off 100 entries considering I couldn’t manage to come up with bupkis in my graded daily journal back in the day.

So, why didn’t I ride today? Beautiful day, would’ve been nice. But, I had bigger fish to fry. There is a little patch of grass at our house that’s been bugging me from day one. I started doing something about it Thursday. Today, I finished it. Just to the right of our driveway between the carport and the garage was the ugliest rocky clump of dirt and half-dead grass you would ever see. So I threw a little patio in it’s place. Lots of digging. Heavy lifting. Sawing lumber. It’s a pretty amateur job but it looks a helluva lot better than it did before I started. I woke up at the crack of dawn and cruised over to Lowes for some goods. The heavy operations started around 10:30am and I worked straight through ‘til 4:00pm getting most everything done. I just have a couple small things left to call it complete but no big deal really. Now, I also have a place to throw the Chiminea Erin bought me for being her husband for 3yrs. Sweet.

My Patio Project (some of the bricks are still wet)

That’s why I didn’t ride. I guess I could’ve this evening but as I said, my freakin back is hammered. That’s also why I didn’t go to Philly to hang with Eric at the bicycle racing event. He had VIP access which would’ve been super-cool but I really wanted to get this little project knocked out. Sorry BBP. Maybe next year?

That’s all I have for now. I’m spanked. GOODNIGHTNOW!!!

No comments: