Sunday, April 16, 2006

Grub

I hope everyone is enjoying some fine grub today. Afterall, isn’t that what holidays are about? Cram as much quality foods in your pie hole as the belly will allow, then just a little bit more for good measure.

A few observations on my ride today. I wonder how many people that fought for a parking spot today at their respective church compounds are visiting for the first time since xmas? Judging by all the dicknoses double-parked on the streets, I’d have to say a bunch.

Roadies, in general, never wave hello when passing by. In contrast, if you ever come across a mtb’r in the woods it’s party time bro. Dude, bust out the hippie lettuce! Why are roadies such douchebags? I’m not saying all of ‘em but, yes, a good majority of ‘em. I wave to everyone. I don’t care. I’m happy when I’m on my road sled. Spread the joy I say. Even the assclown on his $300 Diamond Back rig he bought at Dick’s refuses to acknowledge anyone. Is it elite-ism? WTF? I do see a World Cup dude with very good posture(straight back) who always waves. He’s probably happy when he rides too. I’m not going to make it my life’s work to get all roadies to start waving hello. Just a curiosity.

I finally did a workout today to figure out some power numbers at which training will be based. I was unsure of what to expect out of this workout but I wasn’t expecting to be as whipped as I was afterward. A 45min warm-up then 1min full gas 10min rest 5min full gas 10min rest 1min full gas 5min rest 1min full gas 2min rest 15sec full gas 2min rest 15sec full gas cool down. Spanked me good. The last couple efforts had me cross-eyed a bit. Ended up with around 45 miles or so. Good ride in general. I certainly don’t miss doing interval type workouts like I do before ’cross season but all in the name of being faster, right?

Off to Erin’s rents for some dinner. Steak, I think. No ham here.

Out.

No comments: