Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mooo

The Wifey hosted a small AI party tonight. Her friend Nicki and husband John came over to watch the edge-of-your-seat excitement. Sorry for your loss Hebe. I’m sad to see her go too. As infrequent as I accidentally watch AI, it was always nice to see a hot blondie with her rack hanging out. Look at it this way, the sooner she gets booted off, the sooner she ends up in a quality men’s magazine baring her goods. Stay tuned.

People have dreams. Various dreams. Some big. Some small. Some in the middle. Lately the idea has popped into my head that I need to travel the country and experience the sights and sounds of hockey in every city with an NHL team. Maybe have some dumb corporate sponsor pay for my trip as I document my experiences on this silly little blog. Something as simple as the horn teams use after a goal is scored. Who’s is the best. Some are single blasts of an air horn. Some, two or three blasts. Some are high pitched and some are real low. My preference is to hear a low pitched horn either one long blast or three shorter ones. If my memory serves correct I think St Louis has one of the better ones. Colorado has a good three blast horn. The Flyers changed theirs mid-season this year. I’m not a fan. It’s not quite low enough and nowhere near long enough. I think there needs to be an expert or consultant to the teams of Hockey who can tailor the home team horn to best suit the wishes of the fans. I think I can be that person. I will retire my post as a Bike Shop Tool and become a Hockey Horn Consultant. I think I’ll run this by The Wifey in the morning.

Friday night we’re going to Susqy Speedway for some serious red-neck fun. It ain’t racin’ ‘nless there’s dirt in yer beer. Speaking of sights and sounds at a sporting event. There’s plenty for your senses at the dirt track. There’s nothing quite like the smell of exhausted race fuel. Pretty addictive stuff. My friend Zach is a race car driver. He’s got a set of stones, let me tell you. I think it takes a special character to set foot on that kind of race track. Should be fun.

This gas situation is really interesting. People are getting pretty hyper about $3 a gallon. They are pissed that oil companies are hitting record profits. Last time I checked, one gallon of milk is roughly the same price as one gallon of gas. Milk. From the cow just down the street. Why aren’t people bitching about the high cost of milk? And speaking of companies making a profit. Since when was making a profit a crime? I don’t know too many businesses that aren’t looking to make a little money. You’re not around very long if you don’t. I think I’ll go to the grocery store tomorrow and explain that I’m having a tough time making ends meet this week so the price they’re charging for mangos is a little steep. Bananas too. Can you sell them to me at a lower price? I’d like to buy a few steaks as well. But I think you’re charging too much. Can you lower the price some? Hey man, I’m hungry. How dare you make money when I’m hungry. I dunno. If you think it’s too much to spend for gas use less of it. Figure something else out. Of course it’s easy for me to say. I rarely drive.

I do drink plenty of cow juice though. Yum.

No comments: